Friday, March 8, 2013

Snickers Peanut Butter Cheesecake

When I asked my mum this year what cake she would like for her birthday, she gave me her standard indecisive response. This year I was prepared with a suggestion I was sure she would love (and bonus, I couldn't wait to try). It was this Snickers No-Bake Cheesecake featured on Not Quite Nigella's blog.

As I set about making it I had her hovering around me in the kitchen licking any bowl I had finished with and stealing bits of Snickers I had chopped. She was so excited, and it turns out her excitement was founded as it was delicious. 

It has a chocolate cookie crumb base, which is topped with Caramel (I used Top n Fill but you could use homemade dulce de leche) then covered with a layer of chopped of snickers. Visual because I think that is the best bit


This is then covered by a mixture of whipped cream, cream cheese and peanut butter.


It is then all topped off with chocolate ganache and some extra peanuts and snickers to make it look pretty and you have yourself something that looks like this


This last picture is my boyfriends piece which he came after work to claim as he couldn't be there at dinner. He wasn't happy with waiting to eat it while I took pictures, but I think all was forgiven as the first words out of his mouth after he had a bite were "So for my Birthday..."


No comments:

Post a Comment